|Trying to keep up.
||[May. 5th, 2005|06:19 pm]
Ok, ok. I was taken to task recently for not updating, and I don't really have time to update now, but I'm going to anyway - and I'm looking at making a hole in my schedule for 1/2 hour each week just to update.|
So what do people want to see in these updates? I've already got one request just to keep people a little more updated on what I've been up to, so I'll try some of that. I've also been asked for a little more insight, so I'll try to post a few items about the week that I've found interesting, useful, amusing, etc. Let's go.
What I've been up to since mid-April, when I nominally last updated (although not with anything useful):
That's most of the major things. There was the regular stuff in there too. If anyone wants a bigger report on any of those, leave a comment, and I'll go out of my way to make a whole post about it. Importantly, here's what is coming up in the next few weeks, so you can all be aware:
- Greenwood Isle Picnic
- Bit of asdr83's bio conference
- natb'sBirthday BBQ
- Low Company meeting
- gaming at Danger Planet
- saw HHGTTG
- graduation party
- Cinco de Mayo party (early)
- May Day event
- Taellose and A's wedding (fantastic!)
That's about it on the schedule front. Again, if you want more details on something, just ask. Now for the neato thing of the week; I've been listening to a variety of podcasts recently, and hqave gotten a little juiced about the ease of making one these days (especially with Audio Hjack Pro) and have recently discovered that Wordpress (see the link on the side) as of the recent version, will automagically read any links to audio files in a post, and make enclosure tags out of them for the xml feed. In simple terms, this means it can be used to make podcasts right out of the box, so to speak. So in the future I might play around with doing some sort of weekly podcast thing to see if that gives me a little more posting regularity. I'll keep you up to date on that.
- This coming weekend I'll be down in CT visiting my folks, and hopefully a few friends from High School. And Mother's Day.
- Did I mention these weren't necessarily in order? Tomorrow is International No Pants Day! See http://www.nopantsday.com/ for more details.
- Birthday Party on the 13th
- Graduation of asdr83 (go congratulate her!) and celebration thereof next Saturday
- Concom meeting for Intercon F on Sunday. (Ah! Need to prepare)
- May 20-30; Florida vacation (Ah! Need to pack)
- Jun 4th; NotA's big Spring Fever concert! (Ah! Need to practice) You should all go to this. The concert is at 7pm, costs $8 (about a third of which goes to charity), will be a kickass concert, and I really want you there. Yes, that means you too. Please? Thanks.
- Jun 10-12 - Reunion weekend at 'deis. Have to see how much of that I actually go to.
View this post on my blog
For those of you about to comment that my last update was in February, that's because you aren't reading my real blog, just this syncfeed into LJ. Back at the beginning of March I moved all my actual services to a dedicated hosting solution (Dreamhost)
and upgraded to the latest release of Wordpress. It broke the sync plugin. I got the plugin working after a month, but then Perl on my provider's side had a broken module. They fixed that, and I'm back in business syncing.
Of course, I found that out when the above post went through, which, needless to say, pleased me greatly.
Say hello to anyone I know in Ledyard.
Will do. I'm planning on seeing Sarah and Eilis, likely. not sure if anyone else will be there.